What is the program with donor eggs?
Fertilization takes place using the egg of another woman - donor. Donor egg is fertilized with sperm of the partner and injected into the uterus of the patient (recipient). This baby is genetic for the man and by blood- for the woman .
Egg donation allows women to have children whose ovaries do not produce eggs (in violation of the functions of defects, premature depletion of ovarian function, menopause) and in cases of repeated unsuccessful attempts at artificial insemination of poor quality embryos. Donor eggs are also used when the woman has a genetic disorders that can be transmitted to offspring.
The effectiveness of the program with donor eggs is about 50 - 60% as the eggs come from young women who give more chances to get pregnant than pregnancy based on their own eggs in women over 35.
Indications for in vitro fertilization using donor eggs:
- lack of eggs caused by natural menopause, premature ovarian failure syndrome, condition after the removal of the uterus, radiotherapy or chemotherapy abnormalities development (Turner's syndrome, dysheneziyahonad etc.);
- presence of a gene mutation in the egg in women with hereditary diseases, coupled with gender (miodystrofiyaDyushenna, X-linked ichthyosis, etc.);
- failed repeated attempts at in vitro insufficient ovarian response to superovulation induction, several embryos receiving low quality transfer which does not lead to pregnancy.
Contraindications are the same as during in vitro procedures.
The donation program is anonymous. Family using a donor egg can not see photos of the donor, but onlythey are informed of the following parameters of the donor: height, weight, hair and eyes colour, nationality, education, availability of family and children, blood group and Rh factor. If it is necessary,we can pick the donor who is similar to a parent with appropriate physique, blood group and anthropometric data.
Egg donors may be close friends or relatives of infertile couples.
Not being genetically related to the child, the woman carries child in her body, from which the child will take everything absolutely necessary for his growth and development that is genetically determined. Patients should not feel sadness and confusion, because they are waiting for the birth of their own, the desired child
Who can be a donor?
According to the recommendations of the ASRM (AmericanSocietyofReproductiveMedicine) and ESHRE (EuropeanSocietyofHumanReproductionandEmbryology)the donor must be under 35 and have a good physical and mental health. We do not use donors who have a history of cancer, heart, kidney diseases, hereditary diseases and sexually transmitted infection, mental illness, alcoholism, drug use.
Donors undergo a full medical examination cycle in terms of infections, sexually transmitted infections, psychological testing, screening for somatic diseases, genetic testing. The condition for inclusion in the donor program is the presence of two healthy children.
Age of women, who are used for egg donors preferred under 50 years. Female recipient must be examined by a therapist and an opinion should be given on the absence of contraindications for pregnancy and childbirth.
Egg donors undergo the following tests:
- Blood group and Rh factor.
- Conclusion of a psychiatrist and a therapist (once).
- Gynecological examination (before each attempt IVF).
- Fluorography (valid 1 year).
- A blood test for HIV, RW, markers for the presence of hepatitis B and C (valid 3 months).
- Detection of Ig G and M to toxoplasma, rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes virus (actually 12 months).
- Smear on the purity (actually 2 weeks).
- Bacteriological study material cervix for chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, trichomonas, candida, gonorrhea (actually 12 months).
- Smear on onkotsytolohiyu of the cervix (actually 12 months).
- Research karyotype.
- Molecular genetic studies in cystic fibrosis carrier.
Sperm donation - a voluntary transfer of the sperm for the use of others in the treatment of infertility.
Donation of sperm with "male factor" infertility has been practiced for many years.
There are many reasons for the absence of sperm in men:
- the effects of operations or illness,
You may only use frozen / thawed donor sperm, providing exclude the possibility of infection diseases, sexually transmitted diseases (HIV infected, syphilis, hepatitis) and eliminates the possibility of meeting the donor and recipient.
Indications for use of donor sperm in medical applications:
- male infertility;
- ejaculatory-sexual disorders;
- inadequate medical and genetic prognosis;
- no sexual partner.
Sperm donation is permitted in the absence of somatic and hereditary diseases that may adversely affect the health of a child, deviations from normal morphometric and phenotypic traits and other contraindications.
Age of the donors of sperm can be from 20 to 40.
Reproductive Health Center "Damia" is used the sperm of Ukrainian and European Sperm Bank.