According to statistics, most male diseases occur after the age of 30 and only increase with age. But in practice, we see that men manage to prevent many diseases by undergoing an annual examination by a urologist.
What worries men?
Often patients are diagnosed with chronic or acute prostatitis, disorders of the urinary and genital systems, inflammatory diseases. Although men mostly turn to specialists with problems of potency, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
One of the most important points of disease prevention is a comprehensive urological examination, which is mandatory for all men. If at a young age it should be held every two years, then after 35 – every year.
At Damia Medical Center, we have developed a men’s health screening program that includes the following examinations:
- microscopy of urogenital secretions and prostate secretion;
- Ultrasound of the prostate and scrotum;
- Ultrasound of the kidneys, bladder and abdominal organs;
- Thyroid ultrasound;
- thyroid package (TSH, T3, T4);
- free testosterone index;
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen, tumor markers);
- general blood and urine tests;
- screening for antibodies to HIV by ELISA;
- RMP for the diagnosis of syphilis (RW);
- HBs-antigen (HBsAg) of hepatitis B virus;
- antibodies total to hepatitis C virus (anti-HCV).
This list is individual and adjusted according to the doctor’s recommendations according to the patient’s medical history.
Remember, disease is better prevented than cured!